The Selling Process: What to Expect
- From my experience in this industry, I’ve seen sellers try to jump straight into the decision process without all the tools and information they need. When we get together, we’ll talk about a range of topics such as how the process is supposed to go, and we’ll examine home improvements that make sense as we lay out a step-by-step game plan. Together, we’ll focus on your personal needs, goals, concerns, and time frame. Our in person appointment will be the most impactful 45 minutes we spend together as we start off on the right foot.
- As we progress towards your next purchase, our role is to continue to empower you with the information you need to make educated decisions. By the end, you’ll feel like a home inspector or appraiser.
- If you’re not considering your retirement when purchasing a property, you’re doing it wrong. Ask me about our discounts and scholarships to Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University and a free library full of some of the most helpful books I’ve read.
- I’m not the type of guy who sticks a sign in the yard and leaves everything to chance. Over the years I’ve partnered with several top producing agents locally and nationally. I’m always looking to collaborate to find out what marketing efforts work most effectively to get your home sold. What I’ve found is that there needs to be a blend between high-tech and grass roots marketing. Being on every website under the sun is great, and we do that (along with other web-based targeting); however, it doesn’t stop there.
- As I tour our competition, I contact other agents who have experience in your neighborhood. I market directly to other Realtors who have buyers in your area and then I whittle down the 1,500+ licensed Realtors in Spokane to the few that are likely to have a buyer for your home. I’ve also found my past clients to be my biggest advocates. As I contact those who live and work in your neighborhood, I’ve found they are willing to help find their new neighbor and buyer of your home. When we meet, we’ll discuss the strategies I’ve assembled- strategies which led to being awarded the Best Complete Real Estate Marketing Plan by the Public Relations Society of America.
- Following up is a big part of our job. We’re consistently following up with you to keep you abreast of all our marketing efforts. Moreover, each time your home is toured we follow up with the buyer’s agent and obtain detailed feedback. As we review the uncensored feedback together, we’re able to make the necessary adjustments to get your home sold.
- Negotiating is in my blood. My father and grandfather were professional negotiators. Together we’ll identify our negotiating goals. Price is key: we’ll also be negotiating closing costs, closing date, possession date, what’s included in the home, what’s not included in the home, contingencies for your protection, home inspection repairs, and a million other aspects. In the past decade, I’ve negotiated mineral rights, crops, farm equipment, furniture, artwork, even a cat and a Camero! In real estate, all things are negotiable.
- In addition to my experience professionally negotiating over a thousand contracts, I’ve taken extensive training to become a certified mediator as well. These skills and training will allow me to best represent you as I negotiate face to face with the buyer and buyer’s agent (based on their availability).
- When we’ve reached mutual acceptance and come to an agreement with the buyers of your property, I’m there to make sure the rest of the process goes smoothly.
- I’ll carefully coordinate the activities of ten to twenty other professionals to make certain that each gets their respective duties complete so you close as expected. Together we’ll review the financial details so you understand your closing costs and your total investment.
- You’ll be kept abreast of all updates as we move step by step through the plan we lay out during our initial meeting, and adjust as we negotiate terms for your sale.
- Death, divorce, and home sales are known to be some of the most stressful events in life. During this time, I want to be your genie in a bottle. If you find yourself in need of anything, just ask! I want to do such a good job for you, that when your friends mention real estate, you go out of your way to give us a glowing recommendation.
One of the greatest parts of my job is staying in touch with my past clients after their transaction. I want to make sure that everything runs smoothly with your transition and life. If you, a friend, or family member have any questions regarding real estate, I’m there to help. One of the highlights of my year is inviting my most recent clients and referral sources to an annual Client Appreciation event at my home in November. There we enjoy catching up, and take great joy as we disburse gift certificates for our clients to cut down their own Christmas tree at a nearby tree farm.